Thursday, November 10, 2016
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Good morning, a number of flights to and from Ireland have been cancelled due to another strike by French air traffic controllers.
It is the 13th strike in 14 weeks.
Passengers due to travel today have been urged to check the status of their flight. Aer Lingus and Ryanair have cancelled flights into and out of Ireland and also warned of delays to flights that use French airspace.
Aer Lingus flights cancelled
EI510 Dublin to Perpignan
EI511 Perpignan to Dublin
EI544 Dublin to Nice
EI545 Nice to Dublin
EI508 Dublin to Bordeaux
EI509 Bordeaux to Dublin
EI528 Dublin to Paris
EI529 Paris to Dublin
Ryanair flights cancelled
FR1984 Dublin T1 Carcassonne
FR1982 Dublin T1 Biarritz
FR1986 Dublin T1 Nantes(Brittany)
FR9951 Cork Alicante
FR9905 Cork Bordeaux
Monday, June 13, 2016
Italy: Update – Several strikes will disrupt flights on 17 June and 23 July
Eurocontrol reported on Thursday that several strikes are planned at airports in Italy.
• A national strike involving area control centers (ACCs), a type of air traffic control facility, and airports has been called by Union UNICA from 0800-1600 UTC
• A national strike involving ACCs and airports has been called by Union LICTA from 1100-1500 UTC
• A national strike involving ACCs and airports has been called by Union FATA-CISAL from 2200 UTC on 16 June until 2200 UTC on 17 June 2016
• A local strike at Rome Ciampino Airport (LIRA) involving "TWR personnel" has been called by Union UGL-TA from 2200 UTC on 16 June until 2200 UTC on 17 June
• A national strike involving ACCs and airports has been called by Union ANPCAT from 0800-1600 UTC.
• A local strike at Rome Ciampino Airport (LIRA) has been called by Union UNICA from 0800-1600 UTC.
There has been no "Notice to Airmen" (NOTAM) filed with the country's aviation authority so far for any of the above mentioned strike days, Eurocontrol indicated.
Passengers planning to fly into or out of airports in Italy should contact their airline to confirm flight status.
Thursday, June 9, 2016
Norway: Oslo airport workers threaten to go on strike on 10 June
This could be a very bad weekend for Norwegian travellers. In addition to a threatened strike by SAS pilots, all departures at Oslo Airport could be cancelled on Friday over a separate work stoppage.
A conflict between Norway's Parat union and the Confederation of Norwegian Service Industries (NHO Service) could completely shut down Oslo Airport for departures on Friday if the two sides cannot reach an agreement.